Pictures worth a thousand words
Pictures worth a thousand words.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) enhances project processes and outcomes by providing improved communication and greater understanding of the project – for builders and owners alike. The ability to visualize, analyze, plan, and quantify with accuracy every element in the model allows the project team to work more efficiently, resulting in more informed decisions and savings to in both schedule and budget.
BIM is integral to our collaboration process. It enhances the team’s ability to coordinate, communicate, and plan among trades, leading to more effective planning and MEP coordination. When used in a Big Room environment, or even a “virtual” Big Room, the entire project team can share best practices and ideas to reach an optimal design and plan for execution.
- Parametric modeling (3D)
- Laser scanning
- Model QA/QC review
- Quantity takeoff and estimating (5D)
- Parking garage design and optimization
- Energy modeling and analysis
- Digital mockups
- Site logistics planning
- Construction simulation and scheduling (4D)
- Constructability studies
- Clash detection/MEP coordination
- Self-performed work plans and details
- As-built models enhanced with O&M/facilities data (6D)