The Scrivner Center for Mental Health & Addiction Services Awarded ENR CA Health Care Award of Merit
The Scrivner Center for Mental Health & Addiction Services at El Camino Health has been awarded the Engineering News-Record CA’s 2020 Health Care Award of Merit! The new 36-bed in-patient LEED Gold behavioral health hospital provides a healing environment for patients and their families.
ENR CA Announces 2020 Regional Best Project Winners
ENR California is pleased to announce the 2020 Regional Best Projects winners! So far in ENR’s annual regional contest, ENR California’s judges have awarded over 45 honors for the region.
Thanks to the large number of entries, we divided the region into two: Northern California and Southern California, which includes Hawaii.
ENR California assembled a group of judges, with varying specialties and expertise in the construction industry, to review, score and form a panel to determine Best Projects winners for the region. Judges independently review entries, score each on pre-specified criteria, and convene with fellow judges to vote. Together, the judges’ panels select honorees for Best Project and Merit awards. (Judges recuse themselves in cases of conflict of interest.)
This year’s judges are, in alphabetical order by first name:
- Aaron Yohnke, Vice President & District Manager – Los Angeles, PCL Construction Services Inc.
- Brian Ross, Owner, InfraShares, Inc.
- Caleigh Raymer, Vice President, Director of Operations, Lendlease
- David Mori, Engineering Manager, Public Works Department, City of Anaheim
- Donald Kahn, Project Executive, Largo Concrete, Inc.
- Doug Conrath, Principal, CRB
- Greg Nelson, Principal, Altitude Design Office
- Ingrid Chaires, Senior Building Physics Engineer, Arup
- Kim Scott, Vice President, Business Development & Marketing, Blach Construction
- Red Gayita, Preconstruction Manager: SPD, Swinerton
Judges will choose a Project of the Year from the Best Project-level winners listed below – which ENR will announce at the ENR California Regional Best Projects Awards in October. And please stay tuned for our announcement of annual Excellence in Safety award winners.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
Airport/Transit Best Projects:
- North: Sacramento International Airport Runway 16R-34L Pavement Rehabilitation, submitted by Granite Construction Co.
- South: San Ysidro Land Port of Entry Phase 2, submitted by Hensel Phelps
Airport/Transit Award of Merits:
- North: Fulton Road Reconstruction, submitted by the California Nevada Cement Association
- South: San Diego International Airport Federal Inspection Services, submitted by Turner Construction Co.
Cultural/Worship Best Project:
- South: Christ Cathedral, submitted by Syska Hennessy Group
Cultural/Worship Awards of Merit:
- North: El Gabilan Library, submitted by Swinerton
- North: The Mexican Museum Core and Shell at 706 Mission, submitted by Autodesk
- South: Legacy International Center, submitted by Clark Construction Group – CA LP
Green Best Projects:
- North: Livermore Electric Safety Academy, submitted by Turner Construction Co.
- South: Environmental Nature Center Preschool, submitted by Consolidated Contracting Services Inc.
Health Care Best Projects:
- North: New Stanford Hospital, submitted by Clark/McCarthy, a joint venture
- South: Kaiser Permanente Clairemont Mesa Medical Offices Replacement, submitted by DPR Construction
Health Care Awards of Merit:
- North: Bakar Precision Cancer Medicine Building (PCMB), submitted by Rudolph and Sletten
- North: El Camino Health Scrivner Center for Mental Health & Addiction Services, submitted by XL Construction
- South: Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Ocean View Tower, submitted by Hensel Phelps
- South: Torrance Memorial Hunt Cancer Center, submitted by McCarthy Building Cos.
Landscape/Urban Development Award of Merit:
- South: The Music Center Plaza, submitted by MATT Construction
Residential/Hospitality Best Project:
- South: The Aliso, submitted by Milender White
Specialty Construction Best Projects
- North: Expand Electrical Distribution System at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, submitted by Nova Probst, a joint venture
- South: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, submitted by KHS&S Contractors
Energy/Industrial Best Project:
- South: University California Irvine Medical Center Non-OSHPD Central Utility Plant, submitted by Kitchell Contractors Inc.
Government/Public Building Best Projects:
- North: Salinas Police Service Headquarters, submitted by Swinerton Builders
- South: Long Beach Civic Center, submitted by Clark Construction Group LLC
Government/Public Building Awards of Merit:
- North: Pontiac Building 7, submitted by Quiring General LLC
- South: County of San Diego – East County Office & Archives, submitted by C.W. Driver
Higher Education/Research Best Projects:
- North: Santa Rosa Junior College Burbank Auditorium Modernization, submitted by ZFA Structural Engineers
- South: Marion Anderson Hall, UCLA Anderson School of Management, submitted by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners Architects LLP
Higher Education/Research Award of Merit:
- South: Huāxyacac Hall, San Diego State University, submitted by Clark Construction Group – CA LP
Highway/Bridge Best Projects:
- North: Interstate 880 Northbound Safety and Operational Improvements at 23rd and 29th Avenues, submitted by Michael Baker International
- South: Route 210 Roadway Rehabilitation, submitted by Flatiron West Inc.
Interior/Tenant Improvement Best Project:
- South: Alamo Drafthouse & Cinema at The BLOC, submitted by PCL Construction Inc.
Interior/Tenant Improvement Award of Merit:
- North: Boies Schiller Flexner, submitted by Clune Construction
- South: Manatt, Phelps and Phillips, submitted by Clune Construction
K-12 Education Best Projects:
- North: Historic Alameda High School, submitted by Quattrocchi Kwok Architects
- South: Thacher School Dining Hall, submitted by The PENTA Building Group
K-12 Education Award of Merit:
- North: Marin Country Day School, Upper School Improvements, submitted by Truebeck Construction
Office/Retail/Mixed-Use Best Project:
- North: Westfield Valley Fair Mall Expansion, submitted by DeSimone Consulting Engineers
Office/Retail/Mixed-Use Award of Merits:
- South: The Culver Steps, submitted by KPRS Construction
Renovation/Restoration Best Projects:
- North: Rejuvenation of a Historic Power House, submitted by Marcy Wong Donn Logan Architects
- South: United Airlines Field at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, submitted by AECOM Hunt
Renovation/Restoration Award of Merit:
- North: DPR Sacramento Office, submitted by DPR Construction
Small Project (under $10 million) Best Project:
- South: Coast Boulevard Sea Cave Emergency Stabilization, submitted by Flatiron West Inc.
Small Project (under $10 million) Awards of Merit:
- North: Bouchaine Vineyards Visitor Center, submitted by ZFA Structural Engineers
- South: Chula Vista Fire Station 10 at Millenia, submitted by Jeff Katz Architecture Corp.
- South: PCL Glendale Office Buildout, submitted by PCL Construction Inc.
Sports/Entertainment Best Project:
- North: Chase Center Development, submitted by Mortenson | Clark, a joint venture
Water/Environment Best Project:
- South: Hyperion Secondary Effluent Pump Station Improvements, submitted by PCL Construction Inc.
Water/Environment Awards of Merit:
- North: Camp Fire Debris Removal, submitted by Sukut Construction
- South: Temecula Valley Regional Water Reclamation Facility 23 MGD Expansion, submitted by Archer Western Construction LLC
Source: ENR California